Sunday, August 15, 2010

No hype marketing

We are all looking for ways of getting more clients. We are searching for the newest and latest ways to attract our target clients.

I don't know about you but I have been a bit overwhelmed lately. There are so many people out there offering so many different programs. Tele-classes and webinars on everything from social media, to creating brochures, writing newsletters to how to make millions speaking for free.

I have to admit I find a lot of it doesn't feel very authentic. I mean really do you know anyone who would pay $5000 to 10,000 for a coaching session with someone, especially if that someone was not well known?

That's what I mean by the hype. I have listened to several speakers make similar claims lately with the "buy my products today and you too can charge outrageous prices" sales line attached.

Now you have to admitt it is very intriguing and seductive and it is easy to get caught up in the excitement of the moment and purchase something that later you wonder why you spent so much for it.

I am a very positive person but I also believe that in order to successfully grow your business you have to grow you client base and you need to grow along with your client base. You learn, you change things around, you hone your craft and you become a better person.

Online people can make outrageous claims and sell get rich quick schemes easily. There are thousands of hungry people out there hoping to make a quick and easy buck. If that's what you are looking for- go for it.

I however prefer to be authentic. I am the turtle. Slow and steady I grow my business to become what I want it to be. Slow and steady I grow along with my business into the person I want to be. :-)

No comments: