Thursday, August 19, 2010

Can stress affect your business?

The answer is of course YES!

Earlier today, someone who I have a business relationship with began pushing my buttons. Does that ever happen to you? It could be a boss, a client or maybe a business partner.

Push, push, push.... Snippy little emails kept coming in questioning everything I was doing. Now at first I read the emails and guess what happened?

That's right, my monkey mind began to take over. Soon instead of the productive day I had planned I found myself upset and stressed over the situation. Productive? I was anything but!

Finally I made a decision. Actually it was one I made early this morning when I set my intentions. I decided to move into what I wanted to happen today. I intended to be happy and productive. To make my calls and attract more clients. It wasn't going to happen when I was upset and stressed. I simply decided to let go of the situation that was affecting my work for now.

So I took a walk, ate some chocolate :-) and did some relaxed breathing. Oh and I told my monkey mind to go take a hike. :-)

No comments: