Thursday, March 5, 2009

Is your business attractive?

So what is all of the attraction to the law of attraction? Does it work? Can you really learn to manifest? You already are! But do you want what you are attracting?

My first year in business I used to run into one of my building neighbors in the hallway or in the deli downstairs. This particular gentleman was a psychologist. After a while I began to avoid him as he was the picture of doom and gloom.

When asked how things were going for him he would shuffle his feet and looking down say in a flat monotone voice, “It’s terrible, just terrible. What with managed care taking over and the government taking their share a poor bloke like me hasn’t got a chance. Before you know it they will run us all out of business. The paperwork is horrendous. Why I barely have time to see clients and the insurance doesn’t want to pay when I do have clients. People can’t afford to pay for my services. “Oh I wish I had more clients. I can hardly afford my rent “

I don’t doubt the man really wanted more clients but all he seemed to focus on was the lack of clients and lack is exactly what the universe sent him. Do you think all psychologists experienced the same situation? How about Dr. Phil? He seems to be doing rather well doesn’t he? What is he attracting?

Attraction is when you are so focused on the end result that nothing else enters your mind! What are you attracting?

The famous tennis player, Andre Aggasi once commented when interviewed; “When I am on the court all I see is that little yellow green tennis ball coming towards me. All I think about is the action of my racket hitting the ball. I do not hear the roar of the crowds or see anyone there.” Tiger Woods father Earl Woods used to comment that Tiger could put himself in a zone.

Both of these men are describing a highly focused state, one that professional athletes have used for years to win competitions and succeed at their profession. This state is really not any different than the one the psychologist created, however the results are vastly different.

So what are you focused on? Did you know that studies have shown humans have some 40,000 random thoughts per day? So what are you thinking about? How can you stay focused on growing your business when you have all of these other thoughts floating around in your head.


No comments: