Friday, January 23, 2009

Change your attitude, change your life!

I read the following story years ago and it stuck with me. I would give credit to the author if I knew who that was. ;-)

David, a second grader, was bumped while getting on the schoolbus and suffered a two inch cut on his cheek. At recess he collided with another boy and lost two teeth. At noon while sliding on ice, he fell and broke his wrist. Later at the hospital, his father noticed David was clutching a quarter in his good hand. David said, " I found it on the ground when I fell and this is the first quarter I ever found. This sure is my lucky day!"

So now really, is this your lucky day!

Every day is my lucky day because it's all good. That's right! Even those things that I want to call bad, horrible, disappointing or whatever. it's all good! Each and everything that has ever happened in my life has brought me to where I am right now; to who I am right now. The people in my life who have brought me grief or heartache are all blessings. If I choose I can look beneath the surface and see the gifts in each and every situation.

What are the gifts you are receiving?

No comments: