Monday, February 11, 2008

My first blog

So here I am finally entering the world of blogging! I am not really quite sure what to say and I am beginning to feel as if I might be rambling.

But that's Ok because trying something new is always exciting.

It's funny 10 years ago I hardly used the internet. I didn't use it at all for marketing. All of my marketing was either done in person or by the US postal service. As the owner of a Holistic Center in the 90's it was really important to get face to face with the people I marketed to. Yoga, Meditation, massage and some of the other services my center offered was not very well known or accepted so it was important that people get to know me personally in order become comfortable enough to use our services.

It is still important. People like to do business with friends and people they know and trust. I don't think that will ever change. Blogging, however, can give people you may never have a chance to meet face to face to get to know you. It can also give your clients and potential clients a taste of the real you. I think it is important to let your hair down a bit, not always trying to sell something. So if I appear to be rambling a bit please forgive.

My intention is to use this blog to connect more and help Healing Arts Professionals to build a healthy, sustainable business to allow them the ability to stay in the business they love and help more people.

No comments: